Monday, April 6, 2009

We're Enrolled!

It's official! The total time was 18 days from start to finish. Here are the last two updates:

4/6/09 - 10:30 AM (18 days) - I called the dev enroll number that was given to my wife at home on Friday to ask why my status was set to

Additional Information Needed.

I explained what point I was at, and apparently they had forgotten to verify my address or something. The nice customer service rep (who also had a Scottish accent) finished up everything that was necessary, and the next email came while I was on the phone with him.

4/6/09 - 10:32 AM (18 days) - I received an email titled iPhone Developer Program Enrollment Status‏ with a link to accept the iPhone Developer Program License Agreement. Once I clicked through, it brought me back to the next stage of the enrollment process.

At that point, I just added the $99 Standard Program to my cart, paid for it, and waited for an activation code.

4/6/09 - 12:02 PM(18 days) - I received an email titled iPhone Developer Program Activation Code. This email said,
Thank you for applying to the iPhone Developer Program. To activate, simply click on the Activation code link below

(referring to a link with an activation number.) Once I clicked the link, it prepopulated a field on the apple dev site, and I clicked the activate button.

Done!

I can download the 3.0 SDK, add team members, etc.

Overall, it was not too bad. I think Apple needs to streamline it down to a 1-2 day process, but considering the number of developers jumping on this bandwagon, it's not horrible.

(This is a follow-up post to Enrolling My Company and Enrollment Status Updates)

4 comments:

  1. Well my process started on the 23rd of March and nothing has happened yet. No updates no contact email etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad. I'd contact them if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, it's going slow.
    I'm in the "Company identity verification in process" and has been there for abot three weeks.
    I contacted them last week about my status but have not recieved any answer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey mate ,
    i want to know the list of documents required for company identification process.
    really confused for what apple wants!
    please help me

    ReplyDelete