Monday, May 25, 2009

Lite Version and Full Version

I'm getting close to being ready to submit my first app to the AppStore. I have pretty much finished the full feature version. Now I need to add advertisements and limit the number of items that are in the Lite version. I knew that in order to do this, I would like to share the same source files, but have some preprocessor conditionals for the Lite version.

I first searched for #ifdef and Objective C on Google. This got me part of the way there, but then I realized that the way to do it is using different targets in Xcode. Here is a very useful blog entry that explains how to do it:

http://www.pacificspirit.com/blog/2009/01/27/building_for_multiple_iphone_targets_in_xcode

And here's a site that does the same thing with screenshots:

http://adeem.me/blog/2009/05/03/tutorial-part-2-same-xcode-project-create-multiple-products-for-iphone-using-script/

3 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, your blog is very helpful but please keep the posts coming :)

    We will publish our first app soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent blog. But wait, every thing is not as plain as you see.

    iphone developer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post!I've got lots of information in this article.
    Keep it up!

    Best regards,
    iphone repair miami

    ReplyDelete