Friday, April 3, 2009

Why this Blog?

A few co-workers and I have recently become very excited about developing iPhone Apps. I have seen a few other blogs out there, and I have found the information that other developers like me have posted to be very useful. My hope is that this information can be useful to other developers out there that are making the transition.

I should start by saying that I have worked as a software engineer for the past 13 years. I have primarily used C++, C#, Java, Javascript, and Lingo, with most of my experience coming in C#. I love Visual Studio, and have been primarily Windows the entire time.

I am a co-founder of a small software company that has about $10-$12 million in annual revenue. I am doing the iPhone development on the side for additional income and for fun.

Through my current position, I have some limited Mac development experience. (I have helped to maintain our Mac client software for the last couple years.) However, realistically, I knew zero Objective C, and very little about xCode or Interface Builder prior to about 2 weeks ago.

I was just a little too young to catch the .com wave, but I'm not going to miss the mobile applications boom. There is going to be way too much money to be made for me to pass up the opportunity.

So, that's my background and why I'm writing. I hope you find it to be helpful.

1 comment: